LITHIUM - MOOD SUPPORT
LITHIUM - MOOD SUPPORT
Support your brain health with the trace mineral lithium.
Lithium is an alkali mineral salt that we are most familiar with incorporated into rechargeable batteries found in our laptops, phones and electric vehicles. The truth is that lithium is a naturally occurring mineral, sometimes found in mineral waters, that has profound effects on our brain and overall health.
High dose lithium carbonate or citrate have been used by doctors to treat brain disorders such as bipolar and mania. Such high doses of 600-1200 mg daily have often caused heart arrhythmias, muscle tremors, hypercalcemia, weight gain and other negative effects.
Lithium bound to oratic acid is called lithium orotate. Many people respond better to it than the other forms, possibly because the dosage doesn't need to be nearly as high; Andean folk in Northern Argentina consume 2-30mg daily in their drinking water (Concha, et al 2010).BENEFITS OF LITHIUM:
- Mood support via regulating the release of neurotransmitters dopamine, noradrenaline and serotonin
- Reproductive support by its pivotal role in early fetal development (Schrauzer, et al 2002)
- Cardiovascular support by activating the PI3K/Akt pathway which regulates GSK3 activity, consequently increasing SERCA function, a calcium handling protein. In English this means that cardiac contractile function and overall cardiac muscle function is improved (Hamstra, et al 2020).
- Maintaining healthy vasculature, supporting oxygen delivery and metabolite transport to and form various organs (Choi, et al 2010; Bosche, et al 2016).
- Bone health support, increasing bone formation and mass (Kurgan, et al 2019; Clément-Lacroix, et al 2005).
- Staving off sarcopenia, age-related decline in muscle mass and strength (Kurgan, et al 2019).
- Supports the pancreas, improves hyperglycemia and glucose removal (Zhang, et al 2021; Jung, et al 2017)
- Neuroprotective effects via modulating homeostatic mechanisms in the brain (autophagy, mitochondrial function, neurotrophic response) staving off Alzheimer's, ALS, and Parkinson's (Forlenza, et al 2014).
- Lowering inflammation and oxidative stress (Khairova, et al 2012)
- Protects against lipid peroxidation (Shao, et al 2005)
Every year we discover more and more benefits of this potent mineral. Much of the benefits elucidated in the studies cited above are a result of inhibiting GSK3, Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3, an enzyme involved in glycogen metabolism. Elevated levels have been implicated in type 2 diabetes and obesity. GSK3 inhibitors have been used to normalize blood glucose levels, combat various neurodegenerative and neuro-inflammatory disorders, combat depression and anxiety, increase neurogenesis, and regulate the circadian rhythm.
Lithium is a natural GSK3 inhibitor along with zinc and melatonin.
Take one capsule once per day with or without a meal.
When I saw that Mitolife was offering Lithium, I first thought it was a joke. Mostly Lithium is known for treating psychosis and I had no clue of its other benefits. From the first dose I took, I was immediately calm and focused. My anxiety vanished, I felt at peace. I had no idea this is what lithium could do and I expect it to be a game changer for me. I currently take it in the morning, but I can easily see combining this with Mitolife's melatonin at night for a calm deep sleep. I am looking forward to the benefits and I am so glad I took a chance on this misunderstood supplement.
I am thankful that Matt does his research about products and is now offering this. I knew about lithium how it used to be in drinking water but I didn’t know you could buy it without a prescription. This lithium is different than prescription from what I read which is a good thing because prescription form is toxic. This one, from my research is not. I started taking this two weeks ago. I noticed more balanced moods immediately. I also had more concentration and focus with day to day stuff and work. My husband has been taking it for two weeks as well and road rage is gone lol. He even is more rational in his decision making. Before lithium he would crave CBD MJ but his cravings for those also went away. Now I know why the government decided to take this out of our water supply. It’s essential to our overall wellbeing and sanity. Thank you Matt
I am SO excited you now have this product! I have been reading about it for awhile and considering it for my family where we could definitely use the help with mental health (dementia, autism, adhd, brain fog, anxiety) will definitely report back on here after this order. Thanks for putting out so many great products. Love your supps.